The mission of Startup UCLA is to promote and develop entrepreneurial competence among UCLA students and alumni. Through our suite of programs and offerings, we provide Bruins with guidance, information, networking, and technical assistance to help their ventures succeed. By deploying the pedagogic approaches of active- and inquiry-based learning, we encourage all participants to consider entrepreneurship as a viable career option. We stand as an advocate for the entrepreneurial ecosystem at UCLA, and will partner with students, faculty, staff, and alumni to achieve that end.
PRESS RELEASESummer Accelerator
- Introduce entrepreneurship as a viable career option with focus on students who are earlier in the entrepreneurial education process
- A high-quality structured counseling program that directly strengthens current opportunities
- Through meetings, mentoring, workshops and events help students use their education to start new businesses, find viable careers in entrepreneurship, and create jobs.
- Advanced and intensive 10-week accelerator program for tech startups
- Provides a workspace, guidance, legal services and mentors to early-stage companies
- Exposes teams to top entrepreneurs, investors, and experts
- Demo Day at end of program with teams pitching to our growing network of local entrepreneurs and investors