Biology Division of the Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR) Announces 2011-2012 Biology Travel Awards:
The Biology Division of the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) is offering a limited number of travel grants, up to $250 each, for undergraduate students presenting original research results at a regional or national, discipline-specific meeting during the fiscal year 2011 - 2012. Award recipients are required to acknowledge CUR for support of their travel in their talk or poster, to complete a short evaluation form about their meeting experience and to submit a PDF file of their poster. Minority students are encouraged to apply.
- Undergraduate student must be a junior or senior and travel must be completed within 3 months of graduation.
- Student’s mentor must be a CUR member or the student’s home institution must be a CUR institutional member
- Student’s home institution must provide at least a 50% match to support travel
- Electronic application form to be completed by nominating faculty mentor. Please click here to access the form.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses (up to $250) will require copies of receipts and confirmation of student's attendance/presentation at the meeting.
Selection Criteria: Travel Award recipients will be chosen based on the scholarly merit of their abstract, which should include:
- A sentence that clearly states the study’s OBJECTIVE (unless included in the title);
- A brief statement of METHODS (if pertinent);
- A summary of the RESULTS;
- A statement of CONCLUSIONS (it is not acceptable to state “the results will be discussed”);
- A statement of SIGNIFICANCE.
Deadline: Applications must be received by 5 pm ET January 17, 2012 for meetings held February 16 - June 30, 2012. Award decisions will be made as quickly as possible after the deadline.
For further information and the application requirements, please visit http://www.cur.org/biostudenttravel.html
Direct inquiries via email to Evelyn Hiatt, CUR Councilor: firstname.lastname@example.org