2011-12 UCLA Undergraduate Research Events:
- Year-round: Geography display on the first floor of Bunche Hall
- Spring quarter:
- UC Undergraduate Research Conference on Slavic and East/Central European Studies: April 21
- English Majors' Spring Academic Conference: "Literature, Writing, and the Other Arts": May 4
- 2012 Psychology Undergraduate Research Conference: May 4
- McNair Senior Presentations: May 16 and 18
- 14th Annual Undergraduate Research Poster Presentation: May 23
- Educators for Tomorrow Symposium: May 23
- Institute of the Environment and Sustainability Senior Research Practicum and Senior Honors Thesis Presentations: May 30 and June 6
- Community Development and Social Justice Scholars Final Presentation: June 6
- Education for Sustainable Leadership Program Year-end Action Research Team Presentations: June 7
SCCUR - Southern California Conference on Undergraduate Research
SCCUR's cornerstone program is a one-day conference held each November on the campus of a college or university in the greater Los Angeles area. Its purpose is to provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of the best research, scholarship, and creative work of undergraduates in the region, and thus to encourage excellence in undergraduate achievement.
NCUR - National Conference on Undergraduate Research
The idea for a national conference open to all undergraduates was conceived and first implemented at the University of North Carolina at Asheville (UNCA) in 1987. The first conference drew more than 400 participants from schools across the country. Now in existence for over twenty years, the conference regularly hosts 2,000 students and their faculty mentors to present their research through posters, oral presentations, visual arts and performances.
Many UCLA undergraduates also present their work at other regional, national, and international meetings. Travel grants are available to support conference registration and travel for students who have authored or co-authored an abstract, paper, or poster that has been accepted for presentation.