Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP)
The Undergraduate Research Fellows Program (URFP) is directed through the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and administered by the Undergraduate Research Center–Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences. The URFP scholarship supports students doing entry-level research for winter and spring quarters.
- Receive a $2,000 scholarship to conduct research
- Enroll in a Student Research Program (SRP) 99 course or a 199/198/196 departmental research course for both winter and spring quarters
- Enroll in Honors Collegium 101A: Student Research Forum in winter quarter
- Present their research at Undergraduate Research Week or submit a summary of their research at the end of spring quarter
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units in winter and spring quarters (note: students completing their URFP research requirements through SRP 99 courses should enroll in a minimum of 12 units before enrolling in the SRP 99 courses)
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Commitment to completing a research project with a faculty mentor for winter and spring quarters
- While financial need is not required, some awards are for students with established financial need
- International students and AB540 students are eligible
How to Apply
Application Deadline: November 15, 2017
Submit an Undergraduate Research Fellows Program application (available early October). To access and submit the application, click here or go to MyUCLA and choose “Campus Life” then “Survey.”
The application includes 2 components:
- Research statement
- Personal statement
Please view the Application Instructions and contact the Undergraduate Research Center with any questions.
The Undergraduate Research Center also hosts informational workshops on the URFP program. Click here and select “Scholarship Workshops” for a list of scheduled workshops.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Undergraduate Research Center –
Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
A334 Murphy Hall
Monday through Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm