2018 awards and funding information forthcoming. Please see below for 2017 awards and funding information.
Awards and Funding
Research Poster Day participants: Apply for a Dean's Prize!
The Dean's Prize
recognizes outstanding undergraduate research at Research Poster Day. Students are selected to receive a Dean's Prize award based on 1) their research accomplishments (detailed in the Dean's Prize application), and 2) the excellence of their poster presentations during the Research Poster Day event. Applicants for the award will be evaluated by faculty judges.
The Dean's Prize Award Application consists of two parts:
- A personal statement (300-500 words) detailing your research accomplishments, how you got involved in your research project, and your future plans and/or research directions
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Students giving a poster at Research Poster Day (Tuesday, May 23 in Pauley Pavilion) are eligible to apply for a Dean's Prize award.
- If you are presenting your poster with other students (i.e. if your poster has multiple authors and one or more of the other authors are presenting the poster with you at Research Poster Day), then you cannot be judged for the Dean's Prize. Only students who are the sole presenters of their posters are eligible for the Dean's Prize.
Application deadline: Thursday, April 20, 2017
Winners: Winners of the Dean's Prize will be announced during the Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences Reception and Awards Ceremony on Thursday, May 25 from 4-6pm in the Powell Library Rotunda.
Oral Presentation Participants: Outstanding Oral Presentation Awards
The Outstanding Oral Presentation Award
recognizes excellent presentations at the Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences Oral Presentations on Thursday, May 25.
Eligibility and Selection:
Winners: Winners will be announced during the Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences Reception and Awards Ceremony on Thursday, May 25 from 4-6pm in the Powell Library Rotunda.
Funding Opportunity: UCLA Library Research Poster Grants
The UCLA Library Research Poster Grant supports the costs of research poster printing at the UCLA Library.
Eligibility and Selection:
- Students doing research in all disciplines can apply for the grant by indicating how their use of UCLA Library resources, services, or collections helped them develop their projects.
- Grant recipients will be notified by April 30, 2017.
Application deadline: April 15, 2017 (note: the UCLA Library Research Poster Grant application is part of the general application to participate in Undergraduate Research Week, available in March)
Other Poster Funding: Students are encouraged to ask their departments and faculty mentors whether funding to print their posters is available. Please see http://hass.ugresearch.ucla.edu/urwposters.htm for more information on campus printing rates and locations, as well as information on how to create a poster if you choose not to have it professionally printed.